Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wednesday WIP - Fleur de lis

I'm working to change a pattern someone shared with me to make a pattern to match someone's decor. I know it's difficult to see and it's a bit crooked but this is my first attempt at trying to match in actual stitches what I've drawn.




Now to figure out how to get it straight enough and write the actual pattern so I can work it without having to rethink things. One thing that made my project different from the original is that I chained 1 and turned on each end which means every other row was worked sort of backwards. The original calls for leaving a tail on each end so you have fringe when you have completed the work. I can see the benefit to working it all one directions. ;)

I would love for you to participate in the Wednesday Work In Progress posts - it doesn't matter what you are working on, anything is game. Just click Rosie's picture below and join us!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! You are doing a fantastic job. You can also post your projects on my new Crafty Links blog, just another spot to show your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are doing a great job...I don't think I would want to attempt it. I do love to crochet, but I keep it pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete