Tuesday, January 12, 2010

. . . . Crochet - My White Afghan


To help some friends get how to make a particular stitch used, here are a few pictures. It is a puff stitch but the pattern I am following called it a bobble. It raised a little confusion as people were trying to look up video on YouTube to see how to make the stitch. I hope this helps! You can click the photos to make them larger if necessary.



This is after I've made the
single crochet and getting
ready to start the bobble/puff.









This is the first wrap of
the bobble/puff.






This is after going through
the stitch below (same as
the sc was done in) and
wrapping the yarn and coming
back to the front of my work.





This was after wrapping
again, going back through
the stitch below, wrapping
and
pulling back through
that stitch.






This is after the final set
of wraps. You should now
have 7 loops on your hook -
that includes the loop from
the previous sc.








Now I've wrapped the yarn
to pull through all those
loops on my hook.






I've pulled it through all the loops now.








Now I've skipped a stitch and
made my next sc.









Showing the puff/bobble stitch just
made and the next sc.












This is the "back" side of the stitches
just made.






I hope this has helped you get the hang of this stitch. I look forward to seeing the completed afghans everyone is making.




No comments:

Post a Comment