Sunday, January 24, 2010

. . . . . Shingles anyone?

I personally don't recommend them (it?) Painful is putting it lightly. Miserable is the word for my day today. I was diagnosed on Friday after a gradual onset. Several told me that when they had Shingles it was just waking up with them or they looked different from what I have. Finally on Friday a friend said what I described was exactly how her's came on and what was on my face was how hers looked. ICK!

So I took myself to the doctor's office without an appointment (they are booked and overbooked typically). Fortunately for me they have a new PA who started Friday. YES! I'll see anyone who can diagnose this mess and help me feel better. Glad I didn't wait since with meds it feels this bad!

Oh, meds. Yeah. One script and it was a generic. Cost? $167.82!! WOW! She called on Saturday to see how I was feeling (miserable) and to say the doctor looked over my chart and suggested I go ahead and start Prednisone. I tell her my eye is weeping - not thinking until they had closed the office that weeping and tearing mean different things in the medical profession. They decided to send me to an ophthamologist on Monday and hold off on the Prednisone until then.

So, here I sit, in pain because it's too early to take meds again. The light from the computer and the overhead light make my already aching head hurt more. So, I guess it's back to bed with myself. And I keep having hot flashes - guess my body is trying to break this little fever I have.

Fun? I think not!

1 comment:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about your latest malady, Martie. Praying it all passes by quickly, with no relapses.

    ReplyDelete