Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wednesday WIP - baby booties

I know I'm a day late with this post but yesterday it just wasn't going to happen. I had 3 webinars to work, lunch with my in-laws (it's a standing date) and then my youngest had a rash on her face that kept growing. So I spent the entire afternoon at the doctor's office with her. Turns out she has a horrible case of poison ivy on her face as well as a broken toe. (Might as well get that checked while we were there!) We left the Doctor's Office and headed across the street for an x-ray of that toe and then to the pharmacy. Our regular pharmacy was out of the meds prescribed and so we backtracked about 3 miles to their next closest location to get the lotion needed for the poison ivy. Today we need to pick up the liquid antibiotic and hopefully hear the actual results of the x-ray. Tomorrow is a recheck for the poison ivy (told you it was a pretty bad case).

So anyway, I decided not to wait but to go ahead and post my WIP.

Just got them finished! I need to make about 4 more pair though. February seems to be the month to have a baby for a lot of people I know, and I think so far every one has had a girl. 

I'm also working on a baby blanket (or two) and a hooded scarf that was requested as a gift. So, here are the photos of the completed booties and a couple of actual W'sIP.

 I really like this booty pattern and I wanted to try the twisted yarn ties. I haven't totally made up my mind about those ties. I will probably stick to ribbon most of the time but the twisted yarn ties are handy if you need to finish a pair and are out of ribbon that matches. :)
Pink booties with ribbon ties

Violet and cream booties with twisted yarn ties

Cream booties with pink ribbon ties
Hooded scarf in progress using the pattern from Lionbrand.

Lacy border baby blanket from a free tear off sheet I grabbed at Michael's.
From Marie Anne: To play along on Work-in-Progress Wednesday, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something you're working on - some type of craft, renovation project, landscaping, even that novel you're writing. You can play along even if it’s not Wednesday; I leave each WIP up until the following week. Copy the code below Rosie's picture and paste it into your blog post so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted here.

 

1 comment:

  1. Those booties are adorable! I like both ways you have the ties. I think the yarn ties would stay tied better than slippery ribbon would.

    Hope that poison ivy clears up quickly. I'm extremely allergic too and have to resort to steroids when I've been exposed.

    ReplyDelete