Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday WIP: Tiramisu

 And a new project has begun. This is called a Tiramisu blanket and the pattern may be found here. I've made it before with pink as the main color and brown for the border with a pink ribbon around. This one will be all antique white with a pink ribbon around.  It's a tad larger now than when I took this photo yesterday and I hope to have it completed in the next 2 weeks for a gift.

 I have also begun work on another pair of baby booties for someone who just had a baby boy. As you can see, I haven't gotten very far. This is just the beginning of the cuff portion. These work up pretty quickly so I hope to complete them this afternoon or tomorrow - depending on the time I have to actually crochet today, which is one of my busiest days this week.

The photo below is of the yarn I'm using. I saw it on clearance at Walmart a few months ago in just a couple of colors and grabbed a lot of it. My daughter said I spent $28 just on that yarn that trip. How could I pass up that kind of savings on some great baby yarn? It's still selling at Michael's for over $4 a skein!

And yes, it is in a zip top baggy. I find that is handy when I'm taking something small with me. It keeps the hook with the project and keeps it from getting dirty when I'm out and about and I can squeeze most of the air out of the bag and make it almost flat for putting in my handbag.

We would love to have you join in on our Wednesday Work in Progress circle and share whatever you may be working on.
  Doesn't have to be crochet, or even a craft! It does tend to keep me going when I know someone is expecting to see how much more I've completed - even if it is only a row or two each week.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty blanket. I've often seen them with a ribbon through the border but have never tried one. I should put it on my to-do list. It makes it simple when there are no color changes for sure.

    Thanks for hooking up with WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did get a deal on the yarn! How can you pass it up when it's that cheap??? I like the color.
    Really like your blanket too.

    ReplyDelete