Wednesday, October 6, 2010

>>>>> WIP: Green Heart Baby Blanket

Still a work in progress but I think I'm going to make some changes to make it a more quick finish. There should be another round of the hearts. They are not difficult to do but just take a long time and twist the two colors up which must be untwisted about 3x on each side of the blanket on each round. I'd love your ideas. My thinking at the moment is to just continue the granny square rounds to the size it should be. I thought about making some plain squares instead of the hearts - less twisting but still ...

Anyway, here are the photos so far!






7 comments:

  1. Martie, that's gorgeous! I've not seen this before. Do you have the pattern to share? I'm assuming the hearts are done on small squares which are then attached?

    Thanks for hooking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following a pattern in a book and you work the hearts in rounds as you work the blanket. Thus the twisting of the yarn as you work over the white and then the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it's coming so far Martie!! Beautiful work! Nice to meet you on this WIP Wednesday, and have a good day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a note on this... I MUST finish it quickly. I saw the mom to be this afternoon and she was heading to the doctor. Her water seems to be leaking. I think baby will be here VERY soon! :)

    ReplyDelete