Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New WIP - Round Ripple

Yes, I've started a new blanket that I call a round ripple. But before we get to that, I wanted to show you the completed pink hat I had started. My intent was to make it a scarf with a built-in hoodie but I was crocheting during the church business meeting that lasted entirely WAY too long and ran out of yarn. (In my mind, that right there should have ended the meeting!)

My 12 year old daughter liked the hat just like it was but requested one addition - kitty ears. So, I made a pair of kitty ears and sewed them on. The hat is a bit big for her but she likes it so she gets to keep it. Maybe one day I can get a picture of her wearing it to share. :)

Kitty Ears on hat
So, now on to the new round ripple blanket. I saw this in a pattern book while I was out of town last weekend. I knew I didn't have room for the book in my luggage so I read through the pattern pretty well and was able to get it started. Now I need to go buy the book so I can finish it correctly. LOL However, I think I'm doing pretty well on my own so we'll see what happens. I've worked a round ripple before but it was more of a 7 point star pattern. I like this one because it almost has the look of a cabbage rose in the middle to me. We'll see how I add the other colors as I go. Here is the picture...


  
variegated white, yellow and green baby round ripple
I've also begun another tiramisu blanket.  Haven't gotten very far but it will work up quickly and I'm expecting to have some time to work on these projects next week!

If you have WIP, please join our posting group and share what you are working on! Just click Rosie's picture and follow the easy instructions.

4 comments:

  1. The hat turned out really cute with the kitty ears. Your round ripple is coming along nicely too. I have never tried one of these before. I like the colors, soft and soothing.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your daughter she was right about the kitty ears! I'd love them myself, who wouldn't? As a great Mom would,you complied! The ripple is looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that round ripple IS different - love it! I'm assuming that some of it is worked in BLO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my....my 14 and 19 yr old daughters both want me to make them hats with cat ears. It's terrible that I find myself so busy that I can't find the time to even start making them.
    The round ripple is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete