Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another Soaker

I found another wool soaker pattern to make for my friend. I saw the main part of it on the blog I found it on but there wasn't a picture of it completed as a skirter soaker. I think it turned out quite cute. Here is the link: http://withatangledskein.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-fire-crochet-soaker-pattern.html. They are SO cute! I appreciate the fact she wrote a pattern and shares it for free!

I don't have any wool yet so again, this was made with cotton yarn. So, here is a photo of the progress on the one I've made with the exception of a photo with the drawstring tie in it. I still need to take that picture and upload it to the computer.

By the way, if you want to see the photos larger, just click on them. You can get a really good look that way!

Almost completed - still needs the cuff on one leg.










And here is the cuff close up (sorry it's a bit blurry).










Here we go - completed soaker with the exception of a drawstring.
This is the front...










Here is the waist band area a little closer up...










Here I had started the "skirt" portion of the pattern.
It simply says to repeat until it's the length you want.
I wasn't sure so I asked my 11yo who said this was too short.

And so I added 2 more rows and got this...










Then I crocheted the drawstring and threaded it through.
Here is a close up of how it looks when threaded...










And last but not least, the photo with the edging on the skirt
and the drawstring tied at the front.
I think my friend will love it for her daughter. 8-)







2 comments:

  1. that's really nice looking! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable......and I think the soakers look good with one or two rows of ruffle....cute...think I will grab that pattern and try making a pair myself.

    God Bless and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete