Monday, March 2, 2009

BRrrrrr! Baby it's COLD outside!

Savannah enjoying the snowfall yesterday.

So, here in Georgia where I live south of Atlanta, I think it's been a good 7 or 8 years since we've seen more than a flurry or two. So yesterday on the way to church I saw a few "flakes" on the windshield mixed in with the rain. I had a child at home not feeling well so I stayed through breakfast, Sunday school and most of the church service. Savannah was speaking about her upcoming trip to China and when she was done the girls and I left in a flurry of HUGE flakes to get home and check on Sandi.

Sandi was feeling better so we headed to meet the in-laws for lunch and Terry was meeting us there after a short deacon meeting after church. Well, the parking lot was already getting slushy and still HUGE flakes of snow coming down. It was beautiful. On the way home I even took a tiny detour so we could get a few snapshots with a camera one of the girls had with them. I know it's not a lot of snow by most people's standards but we are loving it! And here it is 7 hours later (when I was typing thins) and it is still snowing, though the flakes are a lot smaller now.

Can you find our dog, Amber and our bunny, Thumper in the photos here? They weren't too fond of the white stuff. Here is also our front yard and some trees around our place.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a picture of Savannah in ages. She is beautiful---really resemebles her mom!
    Snow---I'm in Michigan and it's 12 below zero. I'll take the snow over the cold. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment on Savannah. She really is beautiful but she looks like her daddy to me. LOL!

    yeah - I like the snow but not the cold so much. =)

    ReplyDelete