Monday, March 2, 2009

Watkins Burn Cream



I must tell you that I am singing it's praises today.

Yesterday I had a "stupid" moment and burned both my index fingers. I ran to the bathroom and ran cold water over them for several minutes to try and relieve the pain. I had my oldest come open the jar of burn cream and I coated the burns with it. Then I took 800 mg. of ibuprofen and lay across the bed. About 90 minutes after the initial burn I could doze off a bit.


I decided later I could stand band-aids and put them on. Not too bad a job for putting them on without index fingers. Typing has been difficult though - MANY mistakes for this touch typist. That has been the toughest. LOL!

So this morning I took the bandages off and while the burns are tender to the touch and I can't do much with them, they aren't hurting too much. I know I'll have scarring, but at the moment no huge water blisters or anything.


If you don't have some of this burn cream, I'd suggest you get a small jar to keep on hand! I don't sell Watkins and had never really purchased anything except their vanilla extract. However, we were at Buckner's several months ago and I picked this little jar up. I just thought it was a good idea to have it on hand. I'm really happy I did!

Now, about the ham... LOL!
Man, it was delicious! Just baked it for 25 minutes per pound in the oven, tightly covered in foil with about a cup of water poured in the pan. YUMMY!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hate burns! I usually use aloe vera, which works great. I will probably get some of the burn cream, though. Watkins makes good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing for burns and small cuts/abrasions is something called Bag Balm. I used it on all my girls for diaper rash, and it would get rid of the worst ones within 24 hours! You know the ones that go from front to back and are that fire engine red and raw? Yep...24 hours and it would be gone!

    ReplyDelete