Monday, March 16, 2009

Soakers and Saxophones

Well, it's been a few days and I'm still really busy so this will probably be short. It's been pouring rain here for 3 days and I feel like I need to build a boat. HA! However, it should be done now so maybe we won't mildew too much.

A friend asked me on Tuesday evening if I could make "wool soakers." Hmmm... I'm sure I could if I knew what they were. She explained and I came home and did a search for patterns. I even joined a Yahoo group for people who make them and found some free patterns and photos in their files. WOO HOO! I finally settled on a fairly simple pattern (I think by Anita - will have to post that detail later) and made it in cotton. Took about 6 hours I guess but I finished and must say they look cute. Now I'll work on a revision of sorts because I feel the area between the legs is just too wide. Guess I'll try them on baby before I made any adjustments to the pattern though. Here is a photo of the finished product.

Saturday I spent the day where the girls take band and choir. Sandi had a saxophone solo, saxophone trio and a woodwind trio to play in before a judge. We don't have all the scores just yet but we do know she did pretty well.

I need to finish putting our dinner casserole together and get it in the oven. I'm making it from memory so I hope it turns out to be a delicious as I remember. LOL! Mexican Cornbread Casserole - if you know what I'm talking about and have a recipe to share, send it on!

I said this would be short so I'm going to close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment