Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Coldest Day This Year

Today was our annual Home Education Day at the state capitol. For some reason it seems it's always planned for the absolute coldest and windiest day of the year. 2 years ago we walked 10 blocks in blowing snow. Today it was only 4 blocks but it was 14 degrees with a windchill of 1 degree and we are under a wind advisory all day. It was one of those arctic winds that cuts right through you. I managed okay except for the good steep hill I had to walk up to get to the capitol. It may have induced an asthma attack, and I do NOT have asthma! WHEW! I did cough most of the next 3 hours. I guess it took that long for my lungs to thaw. I think my fingers are still working on thawing. I've corrected a ton of typing mistakes and my fingers are still cold.

His Master's Voice, our home school choir and jazz band were performing with several other bands and choirs. They all sounded really good. Of course our group sounded GREAT! If someone shares some good photos with me I'll see about adding one or two here. However, this mom was so busy making sure I had all the kids I was hauling with me and the equipment (music stands and a drum) that needed to get there that I never thought to grab a camera when I left this morning. BAD MOMMY! I did try to video tape their performance 2 years ago but the sound isn't good where they perform in the atrium since it's open 4 stories above. I guess I had that on my mind and that is why I didn't think grabbing a still camera this time.

So this is short and sweet and I'm still thawing but we have awesome kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment