Friday, February 13, 2009

Sad News

Tonight we received the sad news that Terry's uncle James passed away. Here is what Terry posted as a note on his Facebook page:

Lost a Hero.

One of my heroes, favorite uncle, and the one who got me hooked on cars, died tonight. He had been a diabetic since the age of 9 and has had several close calls in the last 7 years with diabetes caused conditions. We almost lost him about 6 years ago due to heart problems. He has fought, battled, and denied diabetes the privilege of taking him for 51 years. He has fought and was still standing. That makes his death all the more shocking; almost like a cruel joke.

He was driving home for work when his truck broke down very near home. He was walking on the side of the road when a car hit and killed him. The warrior was taken with a cheap shot.

My mom (his oldest and remaining sibling) is having a hard time. Please pray for our family and especially for my mom. She has to face this with no living relatives from her side of the family.

He is Heaven tonight with Granny and Papa (my grandparents) and Aunt Joyce (my aunt and mom' sister).

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this! I will include all the family in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Terry, and the rest of the family in this difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm just catching up on comments made to the blog in the past few weeks. WOW! Didn't realize how behind I had gotten.

    ReplyDelete