Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ready for A New Week

Well, I'll be happy to start a new week. This past one was long and exhausting even though it was mostly spent sitting around waiting. It's good to be home. It was good to sleep in my own bed again.

I'll miss some of that good home cooking we had in South Georgia! Those women can COOK and if you went hungry it was your own fault! Fried chicken, creamed corn, potato salad, fried chicken, creamed corn, potato salad, fried chicken, baked ham, chicken and rice, butter beans, cornbread, cake, cake, cake, cake, and did I mention fried chicken and cake? I know there was more - like boiled cabbage and some other items I'm not recalling at the moment. Just take my word that it was some good eats!

I did pick up a couple of tips and I'm waiting to receive a new cake recipe that was a huge hit with the family.

So, we're home and ready for a new week of school, cleaning, meetings, cake deco classes, CIT training, choir solo and ensemble performances for judges and more.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Martie! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the reason for the trip, but it sounds like it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete