Sunday, February 1, 2009

Crocheting - Dishtowel, Baby Blanket and Towel Topper


So, today I was working on several things and realized the girls had uploaded photos. Here is the completed dish towel. It's called Fan-ciful Dish Towel and you can check out the directions if you are interested in making one for yourself. Thank you Sarah for sharing your pattern! I really like how it turned out and maybe make another soon. I especially like how absorbent it is made with the cotton crochet thread and that it is also thick enough to use under a hot dish on the counter or table.


I'm within 5 rows of completing the baby blanket I'm working on. The pattern is called "Zig Zag Filet" and I think it is pretty. I found the pattern in a baby afghan book. Once the stitching is complete all I will need to do is cut and add the fringe all the way around it. Not sure how long it will take me to do that since I don't care a lot for making fringe but it will really add to this blanket so I don't mind too much. Here is a photo of it in the beginning, BEFORE I found the mistake on the beginning of row 2 when I had to take out 8 or 10 rows to correct it. LOL!

While making the dish towel I found a cool pattern for a dish towel topper that isn't sewn to the dishtowel. I like those but it really is a tad difficult for me to sew evenly through the fold or cut edge of the towel. HA! So, here is the result of my following those directions. If you like it and would like to make your own, you can click the link above and find it. I worked it up in about 90 minutes total and that was taking some time to figure out one part I had a bit of difficulty with. I emailed for clarification and she answered but I figured it out for myself before I checked for her answer. It really wasn't difficult, just the way I was misreading that had me confused.

Now I'm also working on our February crochet along project. I just posted day 1 instructions today. If you are interested in joining us you can check out the group and let me know how you found out about us. We have fun while working on projects and you always have a couple of days to complete about 10 minutes of work. Here is my result of the first set of instructions.

1 comment:

  1. I love that top dishtowel. Consider yourself hired to make some for my niece's wedding in the fall. (No, I will not make them even though I know how to crochet--I am not near good enough to make that!)

    ReplyDelete