Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Memory...


So, this was on our local freecycle loop this morning:
Offer: 2 Training Potties
Both in good condition - and one has a battery-operated motion-sensor - cute.
It just reminded me of when I was working to potty train our oldest daughter. We tried sitting her on the potty for extended periods of time with books and things to entertain her. One day, after trying for maybe 15 minutes she looked at me with a very serious face.
"Mommy, it needs batteries."
I know I didn't hear her correctly so I ask "What did you say?"
"It doesn't work. It needs new batteries."

That was when I knew we were living in a world of battery operated stuff, much more so than when I was growing up.

I had to explain to her that SHE had to do the work, not the potty.

1 comment:

  1. That's just too cute! We had to potty train my oldest with ice cream. She had it figured out that if she messed up her britches, she got to get in the tub...playtime! So we told her if she used the potty the right way, she would get ice cream. Worked like a charm. Sometimes you just have to get creative...

    ReplyDelete