Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Zig Zag Filet

What a name! But that is what the pattern for the blanket is called. It's a baby blanket I made by request for someone. It's a simple pattern really. However, if you don't count stitches carefully it can really be frustrating when you crochet 10 rows and realize there is a mistake that can't be corrected except by taking out all those rows. I could have made 2 of these in the time it took me to make the one if only I'd carefully counted each and every stitch.

The photo is sideways - the fringe went all the way around except for the top of the blanket. It had a very small border that you really can't see in the photo. It turned out pretty and I'll probably make another one like it eventually.

I think you can see the filet pattern a little better in this close up (not really close but closer) shot on the left. And in the photo to the right you might be able to see the top border a little better. Anyway, I just wanted to share another accomplishment!

For now, I'm on to brighter and more colorful projects. Just wait until I post a photo of the larger blanket I'm working on for my 12yo daughter.

By the way, if anyone can help me figure out how to edit this so the text wraps in line with the photos, I'd appreciate some feedback!

2 comments:

  1. The way I usually do is to add the pictures last after i have written the text and then drag & drop the pics where I want them. 'Course I usually center the pics...Then I just put the text under the photos. Line up your curser next to the pic & press enter, do this until there is sufficient space between the text and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blankets. I've never done filet and doubt I could handle all the counting, not for me!

    As for getting the pics and text to line up, I usually stick them in there and then view it after publishing, then adjust accordingly. Normally all you need to do is add or delete some blank lines before the text.

    ReplyDelete